Monday 3 December 2007

Why do we wait?

Two friends, A and E, were out on a stroll by the park.

E: If there's a company that sells information on when you will die, would you buy?
A: No.
E: Why not?
A: I believe death has to be unanticipated. It doesn't sound right to know when you will die.
E: But I would buy that information. At least to let me know when I will die 10 days earlier.
A: What are you going to do within these 10 days then?
E: I'll spend 5 days with my family and another 5 days with my loved one. Taking her to places we never been before. Driving to the peak of that mountain. Exploring new things to do together.
A: Why not do that now but wait till when you're about to die?
E: I just do not have the time now.

How often do we leave the things we want to do most last? And more often than not, we take them to our coffins. Let us wait no longer, and start doing the things we want to do the most now!

source: adapted (unknown)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

说得没错,往往我们都等了又等。为什么什么事情我们都不要把握现在而要推到将来呢?“等明天再说吧!” --- 这句话快成为我们都市人的口头禅了。《明日复明日,明日何其多?事事待明日,万事成蹉跎。》这首诗大家应该不陌生罢?我们到底拥有多少个“明日”?你我都不知道罢?既然如此,为什么还是要将所有的事情推到明天再说呢?

今日事今日成 --- 要尽量做到如此哦!

加油!

^_^g

No comments: